Below is list of the upcoming conferences between September and December of 2017:
1. 23rd Stata User Group Meeting
Stata is a statistical software created in the mid-80s and its capabilities include statistical analysis, graphics simulation, custom programming, data management and regression. Established in 1995, the London Stata Users Group will be hosting a conference, discussing the use of Stata across a wide range of environments and fields. The presentation might include:
- Reviews of analytical issues
- Case studies of research or teaching using Stata
- Discussion of user written Stata programs
- Discussion of data management problems
- Surveys or critiques of Stata facilities in specific fields, and many more
- Roger Newson, Department of Primary Care and Public Health
Imperial college London
- Stephen Jenkins, Department of Social Policy
London School of Economic and Political Science
- Michael Crowther, University of Leicester and Karolinska Institute
2. Global Economy and Governance
The conference is an initiation to gather scientists, researchers and students from all around the world and providing them with the opportunity to exchange new and innovative ideas and experience, related to the research on various aspects on management and economics. The conference acts as a forum for sharing and accessing latest theoretical and empirical knowledge on contemporary economics and management.
The best papers presented at the conference shall be published as scientific articles in prestigious international circles. Here are a few form the previous year along with their Impact Factors.
- International Entrepreneurship and Management Journal, Impact Factor(2016): 1.312
- Romanian Journal of Economic and Finance, Impact Factor(2016): 0.238
- Defense of Peace Economics, Impact Factor(2016): 1.068
- Technological and Economic Development of Economy, Impact Factor: 2.628
- Ekonomska Istrazivanja – Economic Research, Impact Factor: 0.742
Organizers will be expecting only extended abstracts, up to 500 words long, the deadline being the 30th September, 2017. However, the registration should be completed by the 15th of October 2017.
3. Commercial Real Estate Finance and Investment
The Leibniz Network on Real Estate Markets’ ninth conference will take place at ZEW in Mannhelm through November 2 – 3, 2017.
The conference will be focusing upon “Commercial Real Estate Finance and Investment”. The topics include:
- Green building and sustainability
- Risk, return and pricing of commercial real estate asset classes
- Regulation and taxation of commercial real estate vehicles
- Spill-overs between commercial and non-commercial real estate
- Commercial real estate finance and securitization
- RETs, REOCs, Real Estate Private Equality and Real Estate Debt Funds
- International diversification benefits in commercial real estate
Based on competitive double-lined peer-review process, the papers will be selected. Both junior and established contributors are welcomed encouraged to contribute their ideas on the above topics.
- Piet Eichholtz
- Maastricht University
Shaun Bond * Seow Eng Ong * John Glascock * Roland Fuss * Steffen Sebastian * Peter Westerhelde * Felix Schindler * Bertram Steininger
- Oliver Lerbs
- Michael Schroder
4. Economy and Social Development in the Open Society, ECO-TREND 017
This conference will be focusing on the discussions related to economy and social development in the open society. The conference will take place over a period of two days, 20th and the 21st of October, 2017 in Targa Jiu. The presentations will be held in the Faculty of Economics, located at Victoria Street, no 24.
Date for paper submission: 1st October 2017
Date for participant registration: 7th October 2017
5. The NES 25th Anniversary Conference
In honor of their 25th anniversary, the New Economic School in Moscow will be hosting an academic conference in economics and finance. The conference will take place over a period of two days, the 18th and 19th of December, 2017 in Moscow, Russia.
- Andreu Mas-Collel (Universitat Pompeu Fabre)
- Phillipe Aghion (Harvard University)
- Matthew Jackson (Stanford University)
- Gerard Roland (University of California, Berkley)
- Francois Bourguignon (Paris School of Economics)
- Submission Deadline: 15th September 2017
- Notification of Paper Acceptance: 1st of October 2017
- Registration Ends: 15th October 2017
- Shlomo Weber (New Economic School)
- Gregory Egorov (Northwestern University)
- Ruben Enikolopov (New Economic School and Universitat Pompeu Fabra)
- Anna Pavlov (London Business School)
- Anna Mikusheva (MIT)
- Mikhail Drugov (New Eonomic School)
6. 10th FIW Research Conference ‘International Economics’
The conference aims to provide a platform for economists working in the field on ‘International Economics’ in Austria and its vicinity. The conference is flexible and approaches a huge range of people to come up with their ideas. Young faculty members, young researchers, post-graduate students and even Ph.D. students can submit their papers on the topic.
Time & Place
The 10th FIW Research Conference will take place on Thursday, 9th November 2017 and Friday 10th November 2017, at the Vienna University of Economics & Business (WU) Welthandelsplatz 1, 1020 Vienna, Austria.
- International Factor Movements
- Economic Growth of Open Economics
- Economic Integration
- International Trade Organizations
- Multinational Firms
- International Macroeconomics
- The areas of Trade
- Trade Policy and other related fields
The FIW-Research Conference is jointly organized by:
- The Leibnitz Institute for East and Southeast European Studies (IOS) Regensburg
- The Universita di Bologna
- The IFO Institute
- The University of Ljubljana
- University of Economics Bratislava
- The Hungarian Academy of Sciences (MTA KRTK).
- The paper has not yet been published in any academic journal or book.
- The topic should match the thematic orientation of the International Economics
- Since the paper is considered for the ‘Young Economist Award 17’ the age of the author must be indicated
- All submissions must include the following:
- A cover sheet clearly specifying the author, title and abstract
- A mailing address and an e-mail address
- Start Date: 9th November 2017
- End Date: 10th November 2017
- Deadline for the submission of paper: 7th September 2017
- Deadline for Participant Registration: 22nd October