Presenting a paper in academic conference for researchers to discuss their work, together with academic and scientific journals; it provides an important exchange of information and new innovative ideas among the researchers. Academic conferences include presentations, which includes bundle of written forms of academic papers and published as conference proceedings.
Organizing of academic conferences is usually undertaken by the scientific society or by a group of group of researchers of common interest. Large conferences are organized by the professional Conference organizer. Meetings are announced on the way of call for papers for call for abstracts sent to the prospective presenters and explain how to submit the abstracts and papers. Usually it describes the broad theme and list of topics and formalities such as kind of abstracts or paper which is to be submitted and to whom and the several deadlines.
Don’t confuse a conference paper with an article: Conference paper is not and article, if one tries to fit 2100 words in 20 minutes that individual can do so during the paper presentation session. Trying to fit more, then the explanation won’t be that satisfactory firstly and will either gabble or run through it due to shortage of time. In both cases it is very embarrassing and rude also.
Audible and Clear pronunciation of the speakers: There will many people present in the conference for which English is the second or third language. Sometimes it also happens even if the English is good; it’s not familiar to all. They may not be clear with the accent of the speaker though the English spoken is quality one. So audible and clear English spoken is only accepted.
Give a smiling start: Importance of smiling cannot be overstated, so smile while starting the presentation. It makes one sound enthusiastic and with energy though one is not. This smile always attracts the audience on the speaker’s side.
Never read to the Desk: Holding the paper to the nose level, then one can interact with the room members. This helps to project the voice as well as interact with the audience. This in turn helps to attract the audience attention, catch up their attention.
Fit only one theoretical idea: One can only fit to only one theoretical idea. There should be time to explain and elaborate the topic; one is speaking and very well discussion session about the text presenting. More than one text will make a fast run, without proper elaboration and proper explanation.
Make a start with their own thesis: Start it with the thesis paper. If this isn’t how one has written, one needs to think the paper as a guided tour. Audience truly needs the clue about how the thesis proceeds and going forward.
Good Chance: It is a good chance that the study of the subject is incomplete, so it offers and open argument floor. This trick prevents it to look directionless, and henceforth makes it more interesting.
Encourage questionnaires: Things or statements like “planning to complete in latter date” or “haven’t thought or have a clear idea about X” may arise several questions in the mind of the audience. This evokes inquisitiveness in the minds of the audience, and makes the presentation paper more spontaneous and sounds well. Do never read the paper loud, but try to maintain the range of punctuation of text and make proper pronunciation.
Decorum’s to be maintained: A paper written for academic publications is rarely suitable for reading out loud. Paper should be written specifically with the conference related. It will be less dense, less formal, more interesting, shorter sentences and more signposts for the listeners.
To help the listeners, things to be kept in mind:Watch Full Movie Online Streaming Online and Download
- Properly elaborate the structure and main points of the argument explicitly in both the outset and the summary.
- If the sentence is complicated, don’t hesitate or afraid of restating the paraphrase. A good conference has several pivotal points to express the points to the audience.
- Kinds of Visual props and key word slides are helpful and supportive for offering variety and illustration and elaborative explanation of the topic of the presentation can be clearly designed out.
- Slow down and give the audience enough time to absorb the presentation delivered in the conference.
Few other tips to remember:
- Try to rehearse the presentations loud and clearly. Try to practice in front of listener who can give the feedback after the conference on both form and content.
- Rehearse going through the media along with the text. If showing the slides or media along with the text, mark it or clip it.
- Always speak up and never drop the voice. The voice should not be too loud or too feeble; it should be audible to all in the conference room. So it is always advisable, that speaks up and never drops the volume of the speech.
- Try to time to talk and adjust it to fit with the allotted time. Try to know how much time allotted, never kid yourself try to make the presentations fit to it. People generally avoid abusive presenters, and avoid them from participating.
- If anyone wants to steer the discussion to a particular issue, try to end it with the query of question. To weigh in the audience point out the area of controversy, uncertainty or interpretative debate. Try to draw questions towards the paper presented, receive comments and get useful references and create huge contacts from the occasion.
While preparing and presenting academic papers, aware that reading papers has an important professional performance and this will make it improved and efficient and experience more knowledge and accumulated skill of presentation. No one can be a master without the practice, so treat each conference papers very seriously and make the utmost benefit of the efforts.