Everyone dreams about a well decorated home where one can dwell together along with his or her rest members of the family comfortably. A home cannot be well decorated without the presence of some essential furniture. Along with a bold color in each room, wooden furniture makes the interior of the room gives a stunning look.
The wooden furniture that is chosen should be of a good quality one. As the good quality one possesses fine woods that increase the durability of the furniture. The best quality woods are the solid woods due to their long lasting nature as these woods are unable to decay easily. The furniture those are made up of solid woods lasts for over twenty years. These hardwoods come in various colors and textures. So people can choose furniture that which one will make a contrast with the belongings and paintings of the room. No other woods are more attractive than hardwoods in the market. The furniture those are made up of these solid woods looks graceful and stylish in appearance without the use of any veneers. The good quality furniture once bought remains as a prized possession in the home. Therefore investment of money for some goods that will serve one for a long run is a good decision.
Methods to identify Quality Wooden Furniture
One most necessary thing before buying wooden furniture is to judge whether the furniture is made up of solid woods or it is just a man-made composite, made up of some kind of plastic which looks like wood. It should be checked whether the wood is veneered or not. That can be checked by looking at a large panel. If the panel shows repetitive grain pattern then the wood is veneered. These are the cases where substrates are used along with a thin layer of wood that is peeled from trees. Many times furniture is made by painting or printing materials which has wood like looks. This method is done on medium-sized or large-sized panels those have a flat surface for making a dining table or a center table. A type of product called pseudo-woods is used for making furniture. The pseudo-woods are man-made products that are made up of resins, durable plastics, glues and sawdust. Therefore such products should be avoided as they are not having good qualities.
Next method is to notice the grain color of the wood. It should be checked whether the color of the wood is natural or it is stained. Sometimes the color of the wood gets darkened due to worn out by long exposure to air or gets a warm patina with time. So it is better to identify the quality of wood when it is in freshly sanding state near the end parts of the wood.
Now one should observe the grain texture of the wood properly. Generally hardwoods possess open and porous texture like in case of woods from Mahogany and Oak plants. But hardwoods from Maple plant have smooth texture like the softwoods. The grain patterns are to be observed carefully by seeing the type of cutting is quarter sawing or not.
The weight of furniture should be measured and then the measured amount is to be compared with some known wooden furniture. Suppose one has a quality wooden chair in home and is willing to buy another similar wooden chair then the person has to compare the weight of the new one with the previous one to check the quality. A piece of wood weights light when it cuts from freshly felled plants as there is very less moisture content. Woods which are stored at a humid condition should have more moisture content and they have less durability. Sometimes woods are stored at very dry conditions then such woods weight lighter than average weight.
The hardness of the wooden furniture should be considered to know its quality. To get the sense of hardness of wooden furniture, one can gauge any edge of the furniture using fingernail. Hardwoods are always hard in nature than the soft woods. As the hardness and density are closely related factors so the woods those are heavy in weight are always hard in nature.
The source from where the wooden furniture has come should be known to the buyer. Then only one can get the knowledge about the wood is from a large plant or from a small one like shrubs and about the age of the wood. Woods from deciduous trees like maple, oak, mahogany, walnut, teak, birch and cherry are hardwoods. So furniture made up of woods from these trees is of good quality.
Reasons to buy Quality Wooden Furniture
There are number of benefits of quality wooden furniture for which each person wants to buy them. There are also people who design their wooden furniture of choice by the wooden furniture makers. People don’t do such things without any reasons. The reasons are:
- The wooden furniture of good quality itself has a gorgeous and extraordinary natural look.
- The quality wooden furniture is such hardy and strong that it needs not to be replaced very soon.
- They are long-lasting and are not readily worn out even on heavy duties.
- Such furniture is easy to keep outside also as there is no risk of any damage due to fungus.
- Quality wooden furniture is easy to clean by wiping with dry clothes only and cleaning agents can be used for removing stains.
- Wooden furniture of good qualities remains in good conditions even during wet season also as they are water-resistant. The outdoor wooden furniture need not to be stored in wet season.
- All eyes will be on different quality wooden furniture as soon as the guests enter the home as they come in heart-touching décor.
- Wooden furniture is eco-friendly and good qualities wooden furniture comes from plants those are cultivated in fast manner so there is no risk of any side effects of environment like as in case of plastic materials.
- Wooden furniture of good quality can be modified at any time as they are very flexible and can be shifted to any place of home as it will look outstanding at any corner of home.
- Quality wooden furniture is costly but it is worthy of cost as quality, comfort and beauty all comes at the same time.
Everyone need to be sure that buying single furniture but of best quality is a good decision. One should not judge things by quantity but by quality. There are various good suppliers of quality wooden furniture around the surroundings of people. A keen sense is just required for quality checking. Every home looks beautiful when they are decorated with quality wooden furniture as such furniture enhances the sophistication of the home.